We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ. We are a Christian organization and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission. We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
In Mozambique, Dorcas has been operating for over 10 years. Our programs in Mozambique focus on entrepreneurial WASH, innovative solutions on access to clean water, sustainable agriculture, business development and building community safety nets for children and elderly to guarantee social inclusion and protection against vulnerability. From our country office in Chimoio, we manage programs in Sofala and Manica provinces. Our programs are a mix of self-implementation and implementation via partners. We manage both relief and long-term development programs, and are building our expertise in Nexus by linking relief, rehabilitation and development. Currently we are recruiting an experienced and ambitious:
Posting: Chimoio, Mozambique
Open to nationals only
Employment: 1.0 FTE
Duration: 1 year with possible renewal of contract
Purpose of the position
The Program Manager provides technical and strategic leadership in improving the activities of all programs implemented by Dorcas Aid International Mozambique, within the framework of an agreed Country Annual Plan. The Program Manager is responsible for the long term and overall success of the programs in Mozambique. Furthermore, the Program Manager is part of the management of the Country Office and reports to the Country Director.
- Ensuring high quality program design, project proposals and project implementation;
- Formulating, organizing and monitoring interconnected projects, coordinating cross-project activities and deciding on sustainable strategies and objectives;
- Providing leadership through managing, capacitating, coaching and providing technical advice to local staff and partner organizations in project implementation;
- Timely submission of reports to all internal and external stakeholders, including the Government and donors (according to their requirements);
- Designing budgets, managing risks and monitoring expenses of the programmes implemented by Dorcas and its partners;
- Communicating regularly with implementation partners and ensuring quality in implementation standards, guidelines and reporting;
- Develop memoranda of understanding and agreements with partners;
- Organizing regular field audits to ensure the adequate distribution of resources and access to projects;
- Representing Dorcas and networking with relevant donors, government institutions and other stakeholders;
- This position is open to nationals only;
- MA/MSc. degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Community Development or other relevant area. Candidates with a BSc. degree that have extensive relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- Minimum of five years relevant working experience in (senior) program management in humanitarian aid/ international development;
- Experienced with Disaster/Development Management;
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development;
- Extensive experience working in an international, fragile and cross cultural context;
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written (including presentation skills);
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate and possibly dangerous situations;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Dorcas and experienced conveying the Christian identity to team members;
- Full support for the vision and mission of Dorcas.
Dorcas offers the opportunity to become part of a growing International NGO with a dedicated team of professionals. Dorcas offers a suitable pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered an initial 12 month contract. Depending on continued funding, your performance and fit with the organization and staff, the contract will be extended.
Information and application
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than October 21st, 2020 to F.Marco@mozambique.dorcas.org and P.Nyakunu@mozambique.dorcas.org or to the headquarters of Dorcas Aid International Mozambique (see address below). In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Dorcas, being a Christian organisation. For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact Mr. Petros Nyakunu, Operations Manager, at P.Nyakunu@mozambique.dorcas.org.
Address headquarters Dorcas Mozambique:
Bairro 4, Stand Number 44, Close by EN 6, Chimoio, Manica
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An assessment may be part of the recruitment process.
All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy (including PSEA requirements). Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.