“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
We do not necessarily choose beaten paths, but demonstrate entrepreneurship. We work together as much as possible with everyone who recognizes themselves in our mission. In the 40 years of our existence, we have grown into a professional international aid and development organization that supports more than a million people annually with steps that lead to lasting change.
Our Partnerships department focuses on strategic cooperation and relationship management with, among others, funds, companies, investors, governments and institutional funds. For this dynamic department we are looking for an experienced:
32-40 hours a week
Location: International Office Almere
Tasks and responsibilities
As our Manager Partnerships you work with and lead an enthusiastic and committed team of strategic advisers and relationship managers. As manager of this department, you are responsible for the daily management and coordination of all activities aimed at attracting and retaining sufficient resources (money, expertise, collaborations), so that Dorcas can shape its mission together with its strategic partners. You coordinate the development of proposals and financing plans for our programs. You represent Dorcas within a number of important partnerships. You maintain contact with our partners by, among other things, attending events and training courses. In this way, you actively contribute to the positioning of Dorcas from this position, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
You are a member of, and a professional discussion partner for the Dutch and International Management Team. Given the interfaces, you will also work closely with the departments responsible for raising funds from the general public and the department that supports the programs in the countries. You report directly to our management.
- You have strategic management experience and can easily switch between operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- You understand that donor satisfaction and quality of project proposals and reports are essential to fundraising.
- You have a highly developed relational and empathic capacity and you have at least 5 years of relevant work experience with relationship management on a national and international level.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of Business Administration and/or Management.
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have affinity with, and experience with international development cooperation and emergency aid.
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging position within an organization with a mission. Your work environment is international, inspiring and dynamic. You will receive a salary of maximum € 5.467,- per month (on a fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive work from home policy.
Have you become enthusiastic about this position and do you recognize yourself in the profile? And are you enthusiastic about our mission and would you like to commit yourself to it? We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume before May 7th 2021 to our HR department email@example.com, for the attention of Peter Palsma, Chief Operation Officer. For substantive questions about this position, please contact Wim den Hartog: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is posted internally and externally. In case of equal suitability, preference is given to internal candidates.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct at our website.
Download this vacancy.