‘We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!’ Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you a dedicated professional who knows how to lead a multi-stakeholder project to success? And would you like to work for an international, inspiring and dynamic aid and development organization?
For our Program & Knowledge Support department we are looking for a:
Humanitarian Aid Expert
specialized in Cash and Voucher Assistance
FTE: 0,8 – 1,0 (32-40 hours per week)
Starting date: As soon as possible
As Humanitarian Aid Expert specialized in CVA you are responsible for the management and implementation of a cash innovation project. You appreciate variety in your work, both in your tasks and in the stakeholders you interact with, and you are up to a challenge. You get inspired by learning and by the flavour of innovation. You want to contribute to shaping the future of CVA.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You contribute to the realization of an innovative cash project in which Dorcas works together with several other humanitarian organizations, the “scaling 121” project. You bring in your CVA expertise as well as project management skills.
- Based on available data you write several case studies regarding organizational obstacles to scaling CVA.
- You contribute to development and implementation of an organizational roadmap to address obstacles to scaling CVA in a to be selected country.
- You contribute to development of an easy-to-use tool how to develop a qualitative CVA program.
- You contribute to the development of a cash Information Management training and (co-) facilitate this training for consortium partner and their local partners.
- You contribute to the use of innovative cash tools (121 tools) in the implementation of cash projects in one or several Dorcas country offices.
- You contribute to the quest for a sustainable (business) model to make 121 tools long-term available in the humanitarian sector and facilitate scaling.
- You are responsible for the implementation of the project according to planning.
- You coordinate with consortium partners.
- You report to the donor.
- You organize the external evaluation and contribute to the organization of the external audit.
- You have > 5 years’ experience with cash program management in humanitarian settings, including the use of various digital tools.
- You completed a relevant masters education, for example in the field of humanitarian aid, international development, business development and/or information management.
- You have experience with organizational change processes related to digitalization and innovation.
- You are self-organized and function well in intercultural multidisciplinary teams.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English.
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values. You are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What is in it for you?
We offer a rewarding and challenging position within a mission-driven organization. Your work setting is international, inspiring and dynamic. You become part of an organisational cluster with five humanitarian aid professionsals and work closely together with professionals from organisations. You will receive a salary of maximum € 4.210,59 per month (on fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive working from home policy.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in this position. We look forward to your application. Convince us in your cv and motivation letter that we should hire you. Do include in your motivational letter how your Christian faith motivates you to work with us. We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume before May 12th to Natascha Gendi, Manager Programmes & Knowledge Support, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the procedure and/or position you can reach out to Anton van Wijk, with whom you will be working together considerably, email@example.com or 06 27304025.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct here.