We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ. We are a Christian organization and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission. We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
In Mozambique, Dorcas has been operating for over 10 years. Our programs in Mozambique focus on entrepreneurial WASH, innovative solutions on access to clean water, sustainable agriculture, business development and building community safety nets for children and elderly to guarantee social inclusion and protection against vulnerability. From our country office in Chimoio, we manage programs in Sofala and Manica provinces. Our programs are a mix of self-implementation and implementation via partners. We manage both relief and long-term development programs, and are building our expertise in Nexus by linking relief, rehabilitation and development. Currently we are recruiting an experienced and ambitious:
Posting: Chimoio, Mozambique
Open to nationals only
Employment: 1.0 FTE
Duration: 1 year with possible renewal of contract
Purpose of the position
Dorcas is looking for a person who is proficient in English and Portuguese to take up the position of Finance Manager based in Chimoio. The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the country office, including financial monitoring and capacity building of partner organization. The Finance Manager is accountable to the Country Director.
- Responsible for the financial management of country office;
- Financial monitoring and capacity building of partner organizations;
- Write and maintain financial policies meeting the local rules and regulations;
- Responsible for budgeting and reporting to institutional donors like the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, EU/ UNICEF/ DFID/ USAID;
- Prepare for internal and external audits of the organization;
- Handle requests for funds and receipts from partner organizations;
- Maintain and manage invoices, expenses, income and project funds in three different financial systems (International Office, different Institutional funds and registered local NGOs);
- Calculate and administer tax reports;
- Analyse monitoring data and provide timely and solid guiding advice to Country Director and Program Managers;
- Lead the financial team and supervise (Project) Accountants in their work;
- Plan the team assignments, monitor and prioritize, ensuring timely delivery of reports;
- Reflect the vision and values of Dorcas with team members, local staff, beneficiaries and external contacts;
- Perform other duties and support other staff members as required.
- This position is open to nationals only;
- Minimum bachelor degree in finance (management) or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in financial management of multiple projects, with thorough knowledge of accounting, and preferably experience with grant management and donor reporting;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of technical tax and fee and skill in the ability to apply it;
- Up to date knowledge of the current (administrative) rules and regulations for the financial administration;
- Experience with HRM policies and HRM administration (i.a. contracts, payroll, personnel files);
- Computer skills, including excellent Excel skills and ability to work with automated accounting systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Planning and time management skills;
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate and possibly dangerous situations;
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Dorcas;
- Full support of the mission and vision of Dorcas.
Dorcas offers the opportunity to become part of a growing International NGO with a dedicated team of professionals. Dorcas offers a suitable pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered an initial 12 month contract. Depending on continued funding, your performance and fit with the organization and staff, the contract will be extended.
Information and application
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than December 9th, 2020 to P.Nyakunu@mozambique.dorcas.org and F.Marco@mozambique.dorcas.org or to the headquarters of Dorcas Aid Mozambique. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Dorcas, being a Christian organisation. For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact Mr. Petros Nyakunu, Operations Manager, at P.Nyakunu@mozambique.dorcas.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An assessment may be part of the recruitment process. In case of equal suitability, preference is given to a female candidate due to the team formation.
All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy (including PSEA requirements). Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.